Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Retaaza is a social enterprise that strives to make local food more accessible and affordable, directly supports our communities’ farmers, reconnects consumers to their food, and feeds families struggling with food insecurity. We are building robust relationships with local farmers, community organizations, local businesses, and individuals to create a nimble, streamlined approach that is making a measurable impact economically, socially, and environmentally across our communities.
This is a hybrid position. Day to day work can be done remotely but there will be events that require in-person attendance and coverage. Our HQ is in Atlanta at Atlanta Tech Village. Our Procurement & Logistics Coordinator will oversee and execute day-to-day purchasing activities and our order management process, which will touch all stakeholders of the business – farmers, communities served, customers, nonprofits, partners, etc. They will be primarily responsible for managing Retaaza’s relationship with farms, serving as our buyer, forecasting and analyzing inventory needs by tracking and using data, ensuring orders are executed effectively and efficiently while maintaining Retaaza’s purchasing data to support impact metrics. This position is a key member of the team and will work cross-functionally to ensure Retaaza’s mission and impact is communicated effectively.
Retaaza Team Members Are:
● Entrepreneurial – they take initiative and are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
● Adept at turning unstructured problems into well-defined plans
● Willing to learn, ask questions, and listen
● Willing to pitch in and roll up their sleeves to help - even if the task(s) is not formally part of their role
● Ethical and have high integrity in their approach to situations
● Committed to addressing food insecurity, saving food waste, and helping farmers in the state of Georgia and beyond
Role Responsibilities Include:
● Manage Retaaza’s relationship with farms including purchasing and partnership opportunities
● Manage Retaaza’s relationships with carriers and transportation vendors
● Coordinate with community partners on various orders, donations, and related strategic initiatives
● Create product assortments to support Retaaza’s different verticals, including Mobile Markets, Farm Fresh Markets, and Wholesale orders
● Manage pricing and wholesale availability data and process to support sales
● Manage and log order data to facilitate Retaaza’s understanding of orders volumes, expenditures, and impact data
● Perform ad-hoc analysis and order forecasting to support large-scale, future Retaaza projects
● Manage food safety and related certifications
● Support ad-hoc purchasing projects and sales opportunities
● Represent Retaaza while interacting with cross-functional stakeholders inside and outside of the organization
● A minimum of 2+ years of relationship management, purchasing, and/or data-creation and informed decision making experience
● Data savvy - experience using data to inform and drive decision making
● Analyze financial data
● Maintain and create data sets, especially within Excel
● Strong written and verbal communicator
● Ability to manage multiple projects at once
● Constantly thinking about how to streamline process
● Creative, out of the box problem solver - able to just figure things out
● Comfortable with ambiguity
● Can work under tight deadlines
● Comfortable with hands on management to accomplish tasks (ex. going above and beyond to execute an order - even if you have to go pick up from a local farm)
● Access to a car you have permission to drive, when needed
● Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
● Previous experience in a startup or nonprofit environment
● Previous experience or knowledge of the local food movement, food justice movement, agriculture industry, and/or community organizations particularly involved in food
● Broad knowledge and understanding of community-based services around sustainability, food security, and food waste
● Advanced excel skills, knowledge of pivot tables, formulas, and macros are a plus
$40,000-$75,000 - negotiable and commensurate with location and experience
Medical benefits including dental and vision, 401k, unlimited PTO, direct deposit, remote work, educational opportunities, fresh produce, and much more!
We are a high performing, hybrid-working team that aims to make people’s lives better every day. Our goal is to work smarter, not harder, but the problems we are tackling require hard work, imagination, and a willingness to collaborate, brainstorm, support, and learn from each other. We are a family that aims to function as a well-oiled machine. Retaaza is a place for personal and professional growth and where excellence is rewarded. We have high expectations of each other and of the organization and ask that our team members show up with a positive, can-do attitude that is uplifting to others around them. We authentically care about each other and the stakeholders we are serving. The passion that we bring to Retaaza and our personal work ethic makes deadlines, and the unavoidable stress, easier. We expect team members to feel a sense of accountability for the success of the people they work with every day and for the success of the business. We want everyone to come to work feeling like they can unapologetically bring their whole self. Our work requires heart, humility, excellence, creativity, and respect. Ultimately, the work, and our mission of refreshing the way we feed the world, is bigger than any individual.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
● Email email@example.com with a cover letter, an up-to-date resume, and three professional references.