Location: Hybrid / Remote
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Retaaza is a social enterprise that strives to make local food more accessible and affordable, directly supports our communities’ farmers, reconnects consumers to their food, and feeds families struggling with food insecurity. We are building robust relationships with local farmers, community organizations, local businesses, and individuals to create a nimble, streamlined approach that is making a measurable impact economically, socially, and environmentally across our communities.
This is a hybrid position. Day to day work can be done remotely but there will be events that require in-person attendance and coverage. Our HQ is in Atlanta at Atlanta Tech Village. Our Marketing Coordinator will oversee and execute day-to-day marketing activities which will touch all stakeholders of the business – farmers, communities served, customers, partners, etc. They will be primarily responsible for managing and operationalizing all of our marketing strategy and will serve as our go-to for all external branding and communications. The Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the team and will work cross-functionally to ensure Retaaza’s mission and impact is communicated effectively.
● Entrepreneurial – they take initiative and are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
● Adept at turning unstructured problems into well-defined plans
● Willing to learn and ask questions
● Willing to pitch in and roll up their sleeves to help - even if the task(s) is not formally part of their role
● Ethical and have high integrity in their approach to situations
● Committed to addressing food insecurity, saving food waste, and helping farmers in the state of Georgia and beyond
● Manage and own Retaaza’s marketing, advertising, and content strategy, calendars, and technology
● Manage and execute social media strategy across all major platforms including tweaking posts according to best practices on a particular platform
● Assist in developing marketing budget for company
● Write and maintain company blog, newsletter, and website
● Create company videos as needed
● Execute an earned media strategy
● Write press releases and serve as our press point of contact
● Find and apply for sponsorship and speaking opportunities for various team members
● Find, staff, and document all external and internal company related events and opportunities – speaking, partnerships, community activities, sponsorships, conference tables – around Georgia as needed
● Seek out and execute joint marketing with stakeholders
● Learn and understand existing and emerging MarTech and AdTech tools and strategies
● Participate in the strategic planning process in concert with members of other teams
● Work cross-functionally within the organization, including areas of Operations, Project/Grant Management, and Partnerships and also externally with Customers, Partners, and others, to communicate the impact we are having and the relationships we are forming
● Communicate and maintain a positive relationship with all stakeholders at Retaaza, including but not limited to community organizations, farmers, customers, internal and external partners
● Work directly with senior leadership to support strategic initiatives as they arise
● Represent the organization as an external ambassador for the work
● A minimum of 2+ years of digital marketing and advertising, content strategy, and/or content writing
● Strong written and verbal communicator
● Ability to balance multiple projects at once
● Creative, out of the box problem solver - able to just figure things out
● Strong customer service skills (we default to over communication and respect) as you will be responding to all social media and other messages
● Proficiency across all major social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook
● Ability to write catchy and informative content for a variety of mediums
● Graphic design and layout skills (ex. flyers, company information, signs, webpages)
● Photography and videography skills (having a camera is a plus)
● Proficiency with Google Workspace, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
● Process driven and can create new, streamlined processes
● Access to a car you have permission to drive, when needed
● Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance
● Previous experience in a startup or nonprofit environment
● Previous experience in media planning and budgeting
● Broad knowledge and understanding of community-based services around sustainability, food security, and food waste.
$35,000-$55,000 - negotiable and commensurate with location and experience
Medical benefits including dental and vision, unlimited PTO, direct deposit, remote work, educational opportunities, and more.
We are a high performing, hybrid team that aims to make people’s lives better every day. Our goal is to work smarter, not harder, but the problems we are tackling require hard work, imagination, and a willingness to collaborate, brainstorm, support, and learn from each other. We are a family that aims to function as a well-oiled machine. Retaaza is a place for personal and professional growth and where excellence is rewarded and failure is a side effect of the continual learning process. We have high expectations of each other and of the organization and ask that our team members show up with a positive, can-do attitude that is uplifting to others around them. We authentically care about each other and the stakeholders we are serving. The passion that we bring to Retaaza and our personal work ethic makes deadlines, and the unavoidable stress, easier. We expect team members to feel a sense of accountability for the success of the people they work with every day and for the success of the business. We want everyone to come to work feeling like they can unapologetically bring their whole self. Our work requires heart, humility, excellence, creativity, and respect. Ultimately, the work, and our mission of refreshing the way we feed community, is bigger than any individual.
At Retaaza, we value diversity and inclusion in all forms. We strive to have a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve, and we believe that a diverse team brings unique perspectives, skills, and experiences that enrich all of us. We are dedicated to empowering every individual and promoting a culture of inclusivity and belonging. We take pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, an up-to-date resume, a writing sample, and three professional references.